Go to our new site:
http://www.divineskillz.smffy.com/index.php
Go to our new site:
http://www.divineskillz.smffy.com/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Revival

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Donation Rewards Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Donation Rewards Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 am

Your Dream Item

The aim of this is to get a feel for the sort of popular items people would donate for. So the question I am asking is;

Quote :
If you were going to donate, and you could only afford ONE item, what would be your dream/perfect item you would donate for?
Stunts wrote:
I don't think there will be much need for any custom or semi-custom items on the server as there are already more than a ton of cool items that most people don't even know about. If it really becomes necesary, i might add some semi-custom items (items that today's runescape has) but no more custom items will be released for normal players. I saw what they did to darkskillz and i dont want that to happen here aswell.
With all that said, please continue to suggest items as donation rewards, but keep it within our current version of the server (317). Only if you've seen any semi-custom items on other servers aswell working properly, then we might consider adding those aswell, but thats about it.

Items so far;
  • New masks (fox, dragon etc)
  • Zamorak Spear
  • Chaotic Weapons
  • Old Holiday Rewards (Santa Hat, Easter Ring etc)

~Mogy

Last edited by Mogy on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 am

If i were ever to donate, my dream item would definitely be a Electric Guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:21 am

AnmolRulz wrote:

Interesting, though it's totally custom (making it more difficult) and may stray too far away from Runescape to ever be considered.

Do you have any thoughts perhaps on items which exist on Runescape but don't usually on private servers....? Like a Chaotic Maul (example).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

Mogy wrote:
AnmolRulz wrote:

Interesting, though it's totally custom (making it more difficult) and may stray too far away from Runescape to ever be considered.

Do you have any thoughts perhaps on items which exist on Runescape but don't usually on private servers....? Like a Chaotic Maul (example).

True, haha, it's still considered my dream item though Wink
If i were to pick an item from RuneScape, i would probably say the new masks, if that were possible since they're only new. If not i would definitely say Dungeoneering weapons such as the chaotic maul.
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:22 am

Pfft, my perfect item(s) would be the ranger outfit for that minigame they made on Runescape. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:30 am

Valentine wrote:
Pfft, my perfect item(s) would be the ranger outfit for that minigame they made on Runescape. Razz

The what? :L.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm

If I could get one item from runescape I would choose the Zamorakian Spear.
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Mogy wrote:
Valentine wrote:

The what? :L.
This outfit:
Donation Rewards Ideas Conque10
Back to top Go down
Stunts
Owner
Owner
Stunts

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 am

How about just tell us the name...i dont think most of us will recognize any of the new rs stuff just by their picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:16 pm

My dream item would probably be easter ring & christmas scarves and hats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

chex wrote:
My dream item would probably be easter ring & christmas scarves and hats

Sweet, I expect those will already be in the client Smile.
Back to top Go down
Stunts
Owner
Owner
Stunts

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I don't think there will be much need for any custom or semi-custom items on the server as there are already more than a ton of cool items that most people don't even know about. If it really becomes necesary, i might add some semi-custom items (items that today's runescape has) but no more custom items will be released for normal players. I saw what they did to darkskillz and i dont want that to happen here aswell.
With all that said, please continue to suggest items as donation rewards, but keep it within our current version of the server (317). Only if you've seen any semi-custom items on other servers aswell working properly, then we might consider adding those aswell, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Stunts wrote:
How about just tell us the name...i dont think most of us will recognize any of the new rs stuff just by their picture.

That's the thing, it isn't an item lol. But yeah, i think that DS went down because of all the customs. (Down = fun wise)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 am

[quote="Valentine"]
Stunts wrote:
i think that DS went down because of all the customs. (Down = fun wise)

Agreed, one of the things which annoyed me most was the fact pures could use def (dragon plate). I LOVE traditional pure pking and was unable to do so without being wrecked....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 am

If i was going to donate , i know my favourite runescape related item would be dragon claws.
I don't know if the Dragon claw spec , has been fixed for this new server.
But if it has , i would definatley consider donating for a pair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 pm

I wish you guys could add like the new dragon trimmed armor they added, it's not really necessary but we need some color in the dragon armor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:44 am

Marionette puppet, so i could play with it.

Also, perhaps things like runecrafting pouches to assist that skill should it become active?

-Harlequin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Why would the pouches be set as donation items? It would be more convenient if they were dropped by npc's.
Back to top Go down
Stunts
Owner
Owner
Stunts

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm not so sure about that idea either, but it's not bad either. There could be like a skiller pack available for donating that would include certain stuff that you couldnt get ingame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:53 am

That's a great idea stunts, and aj, i was simply trying to add food for thought, runecrafting is one of the most tedious skills in any server, surely it would be cool for a perk to be given to those who donate and would like to train said skill.
Back to top Go down
Stunts
Owner
Owner
Stunts

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:30 am

I also forgot to mention: AJ, it WOULD indeed be more convenient for regular players but thats not what its about on this thread. This is about finding stuff that's worth donating for. If needed, some items could also be taken out of the economy just to become donator items.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 am

I would choose... Vesta longsword Wink There could be a ''Donator boss'', something that can be accessed ONCE each time you donate? Idk that's just an idea but I think it would take a lot of effort, Maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 am

Shadow Xyo wrote:
I would choose... Vesta longsword Wink There could be a ''Donator boss'', something that can be accessed ONCE each time you donate? Idk that's just an idea but I think it would take a lot of effort, Maybe.

Read the thread next time... Stunts said he didn't want to add semi-customs and a VLS would be a semi-custom.
Back to top Go down
Stunts
Owner
Owner
Stunts

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 pm

If I'm able to find 100% working semi customs along with special attacks, animations and the works, I will of course add them to keep things interesting. I was even thinking of making the whole donation system based on Donator Points. Recharging your points by donating to the server, then being able to spend said points in special donator shops. Could even add a command for what shadow suggested. Teleporting to special bosses at the cost of donator points and killing the bosses for a chance at certain special loot.
Ok, so far this is what I have in mind:
-donating gets you Donator Points depending on the amount donated thus eliminating the need to donate a fixed amount of money to purchase an item or service
-there will be donator shops where people can spend their Donator Points
-one of the items in the shop may possibly be the Skiller Pack containing various tools used to help level non-combat skills
-still thinking of how to elaborate this, but there will also be donator services (commands) that will cost points for every time you use them as per Shadow's example.
I know, I know, I'm a genius Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:56 pm

My only fear is, that if it's based in game, and you can renew points etc. People will find loopholes or glitches and abuse the donator shops/rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donation Rewards Ideas   Donation Rewards Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donation Rewards Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next